Legislative District 17 holds recurring meetings and events. Dates, times, and locations are subject to change. Stay updated on changes by checking back here. You can also subscribe to our LD 17 calendar, canvassing calendar, or join us on Meetup.
Thursday, 20 May 2021, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Please join us from home every third Thursday at 6:30 pm for our monthly LD 17 virtual Zoom social gathering! Prepare your favorite drink and appetizer, then join us from your couch.
Enjoy sharing, or hearing others share, a “quarantine-life” hobby, a favorite “read”, fabulous “food finds”, or “just-for-fun” laughs. We’ll appreciate our friends, share our stories, and be together safely!
Sunday, 23 May 2021, 9:00 am - 10:00 am
2250 S McQueen Rd, Chandler, AZ 85286
Join us on May 23rd for a park cleanup! We'll be picking up trash in Tumbleweed Park. We have gloves, grabbers, and trash bags. Please make sure to wear a mask. Afterwards, we'll head to Newtritious Juice Bar for a snack at a local business to continue supporting our community.
Monday, 24 May 2021, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
United Food Bank Volunteer Center, 358 E Javelina Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210, USA
Join the East Valley Democrats of Districts 12, 16, 17, 18, 25, and 26 as well as the East Valley chapter of the NAACP to pack emergency food bags at United Food Bank in Mesa! UFB provides more than 1.5 million pounds of food each month to food insecure families in the East Valley.
Masks and closed-toed shoes are required. Safety precautions are in place. We are limiting the number of attendees to maintain safe social distancing. We will be sharing this time slot with another group.
Thank you for supporting the community!
Tuesday, 01 June 2021, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Virtual Monthly Meeting for LD 17 Democrats.
6:30pm - 7:00pm:
Socializing and technical assistance.
7:00pm - 8:30pm:
Business meeting and guest speakers.
- Kathy Hoffman, State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Riann Balch, City of Chandler Community Resources, will talk to us about affordable housing programs and other initiatives to meet basic and critical human needs in Chandler.
- Mark Robert Gordon, DNC Representative, will give us an update from the Democratic National Committee.
- Representative Jennifer Pawlik, AZ House of Representatives will give us an update from the AZ Legislature.
- AJ Kurdoglu will tell us about the Independent Redistricting Commission.
- Councilman OD Harris will give us updates from the Chandler City Council.
We look forward to seeing you!